Cozy Tea ~ A Sip of Spring

And here is what I’ve been working on this week, that I couldn’t talk about until it had winged its way to its new home with Suse. Now that she’s received it (and likes it, yay!), here it is!

I’m rather ridiculously pleased with it. Firstly, because it’s the first proper thing I’ve ever made without a pattern. Secondly, because even though it didn’t turn out exactly as I’d envisaged, I think it’s really simple but still so cute!

So, here it is, A Sip of Spring.

Using Rowan Cotton Glace (of course), and discontinued Rowan Cotton in the pale lemon.

Suse originally sent me dimensions of the tea pot, and a photo, but I just wasn’t quite getting it. So, I went and bought a pot to build it on, so that it would be exactly right. Of course, now I end up with a spare tea pot… which will just have to have it’s own little cozy for meeee!

Here are some (lots!) more pictures. I couldn’t quite help myself…

The flower and butterfly I didn’t design myself.

The pansy is from a great little book called “100 flowers to knit & crochet” by Lesley Stanfield. And it was hard to crochet. It was in the section called “Advanced”. Well, I thought I was advanced, but it took a whole evening and quite a few swears (Moo had to cover her ears with her paws)… but we got there eventually.

The butterfly is from a book called “75 birds, bees, butterflies & bugs to knit and crochet” by Lesley Stanfield. Thankfully, it was much easier than the pansy.

Now, Moo has only met Suse once, when she came to stay for a lovely long weekend. Moo loved Suse, of course, and just couldn’t let A Sip of Spring go without a good-luck lick.

7 thoughts on “Cozy Tea ~ A Sip of Spring

  1. Hi there,
    I really like the teacozy design you made for your teapot. I got the book references you mentioned. I was hoping, if you don’t mind terribly, that i might ask you for the main body pattern. I’ve got a tea pot like your’s and i like your design as well. I’ll put my mail address here.

    Thank you.

    • Hi Blossom. I’m really sorry but there is no actual pattern, I made it up as I went along! What I did though, was start from the top, using treble crochet (UK terminology), then after I’d done the top I did one side at a time, then joining the two sides together in the row that went under the spout. I just kept trying it on the tea pot and adding stitches or decreasing stitches as needed. Then I did a DC row around the spout and handle. I’m sorry I couldn’t tell you more. I actually have one more of these teapots and I’m on vacation for the next two weeks, so if I can get time to do another, I’ll make sure I write down the pattern and will email you. x

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s